kozmic rant

Friday, September 01, 2006

Google and Blogs

Sometimes when I have nothing better to do, I log onto the internet and do random googling on people I know now or knew in past. And I never fail to feel happy when I find their mention on some web page. Its enough to make me feel connected to them even if just for that while. And today I did a search on one such friend and gosh, it was not just a mere mention that I found. Rather, I found his blog!!

Well, and after reading his blog, I felt that I understood my friend a little better. And the following aspects of blogging revealed themselves to me:

When a person writes his blog, its not his social obligations forcing him to behave (here write) in a certain way. He is free to choose the things that seemed important to him in his solitude. So, the topics in his blog are his choice rather than dictations of a group.

He had nobody but himself to argue with while writing his blog. So his blog is completely his thought process and not a conversation with inputs from foreign elements.

So, to sum it, I feel a blog helps you understand that person a little better.

1 Comments:

  • mmm.. and a blog lets you be whoever you want to be.. without intersecting circles of social niceties!

    By Blogger Kaj, at 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home